Do you or your family like sweet potatoes? Do you want to make something delicious and a mouth-watering recipe with sweet potatoes? If you are ready to try something fresh and never forgettable, try our sweet potato souffle recipe at home. You can even make it outside your house, and it does not require as much effort as you think. But yeah, it can take some time to completely bake. Maybe around 2 hours is enough to make it complete. And this much of your time and effort is worth tasting this delicious dish.
Table of Contents
What is a Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe?
The sweet potato souffle recipe is a special dish made with a mixture of different ingredients, such as sweet potato (main), butter, vanilla extract, eggs, milk, flour, pecan and sugar. All these ingredients are necessary to maintain the sweetness inside the dish. If you are not into sweet taste, you can decrease the amount of sugar.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Use?
Every recipe is incomplete without a perfect list of ingredients. That is because it plays a major role in maintaining the exact texture and flavour of the recipe. And adding the right amount of ingredients is necessary, especially if you are making sweet potato souffle. So, check the added ingredients list and use them as mentioned in the quantities.
Ingredients to use –
- ½ cup milk
- Five medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup butter (do not use in frozen form)
- Two large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick) ( in soft form)
- 1 cup brown sugar
What Equipment Do You Need to Have?
Making sweet potato souffle is incomplete without the necessary equipment. So, here we look at the list of equipment that can help you to make your dish.
Pieces of Equipment Required –
- Glass-less bowl or container
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Aluminium Foil
- Baking Sheet
- Cooking Spray
- Baking Dish
- Electric hand mixer
How to Make Sweet Potato Souffle?
If you are curious to know how to make a sweet potato souffle recipe easily, then you need to start with sweet potatoes. Take sweet potatoes as much as you need, and then start baking them. Do that until all the inner parts of the potato become soft. After that, take out all of them and put them in a glass-less bowl or container and start peeling. When done with the peeling, you need to make a mash. You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer; both are good options for sweet potatoes. Then, start mashing until the flesh part becomes equally labelled.
Add brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and eggs to the equally labelled sweet potatoes. After that, mix them well with vanilla extract. But remember that you must consider the vanilla extract’s quantity before mixing it with other ingredients. That is because it can increase the level of sweetness.
After that, add topping ingredients such as pecans and brown sugar for a finishing touch. Now, bake that mixture until it looks like a solid layer. That way, you will get the perfect balance between soft and hard textures. Also, you will feel the crunchiness from the outside and smoothness from the inside.
What Steps Do You Need to Follow?
You need to follow six steps to make a sweet potato souffle recipe. And all these steps are necessary to get the actual taste and appearance.
- You have to start with an oven and preheat it to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, move to the sweet potato and wash them with clean water. Try to clean it completely under water and then let it dry for a while. Check in between and confirm its dryness. When it is completely dry, take out aluminium foil and cover that on sweet potatoes. After that, put them over a baking sheet that has an aluminium foil line.
- Now, let it cook for at least one and a half hours and then put them in different containers and let them cool for at least 30 to 40 minutes. After that, take out one and check it by touching it; if you find it grabbable, then start removing the skin. Do that until you remove the skins from all the sweet potatoes.
- Start again with the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When it is still preheating, you can use cooking spray to clean the baking dish. After that, put the sweet potatoes in a bowl and use a mixer. For better mixing purposes, you can use an electric hand mixer too. Do this process until it completely makes the sweet potato soft like butter. But remember that the speed of the mixture must be medium-high.
- Now, include other ingredients such as granulated sugar, butter, cinnamon and brown sugar and mix them well. Do this process until it completely dissolves in the mixer. After that, include more ingredients such as vanilla extract, salt, eggs and milk. Now you have to mix them until they completely dissolve in the mixer and look monotonous. Then pour the prepared mixer into the baking dish.
- Take a bowl and add flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Mix them well until they fully dissolve in the mixer. Then include pecans and toss to coat. After that, include softened butter and mix them until butter is completely mixed in the bowl.
- Pour that mixture on the layer of souffle and let them bake until the central part becomes stable. It is necessary to do; otherwise, it will jiggle when you try tapping them. However, remember that the total time for baking is around 40 to 60 minutes.
In the above section, we have covered all the things related to the Sweet potato souffle recipe, such as a list of ingredients, the process to make the recipe, and steps to follow for exact taste and flavour. You cannot ignore all these topics because that will help to prepare a perfect dish. But if in case you miss a step, process or even an ingredient. You can look at our blog and check that again and then add or remember that point for future purposes.