Together with children and their parents, animals also go out of town in a car. But does everyone know how to properly carry pets?
Unfortunately, many people neglect the rules for transporting animals in their car, counting on luck. They expect that there will be no police and hope that the animal will sit quietly the whole train. But what if you don’t have your own car and had to use the services of a car rental company? For example, you travel to other countries and rent lamborghini in dubai. The car is fast and comfortable, but, like all cars, it is not designed to transport animals. When renting a car from a car rental company, you must notify that you will be transporting an animal, be it a cat or a turtle. And, both when renting a car and when transporting animals in your car, you need to follow a set of rules so that the trip is safe for all passengers.
The rules can be divided into three groups:
- The first concerns the safety of the driver and passengers as road users;
- The second concerns the safety and comfort of the animal itself;
- The third concerns how to keep the interior and seat upholstery clean.
You need to think about how not to lose a pet. After all, an animal can jump out of an open window, for example.
How to transport an animal
For example, in containers. They are placed in the back seat and secured with seat belts so that the animal doesn’t fall during a sharp turn or braking. Or, special carriers, as when going to the vet, if it is a small animal.
An alternative is animal safety seats. They are attached to a regular seat using a seat belt or Isofix system. This fixation will not allow your pet to fly out of the seat.
The pet must be accustomed to the car from 2 to 4 months. Before the road, the animal must be walked and given water, you can feed it only the day before. If your pet does not tolerate the road well, consult your veterinarian. Perhaps he will prescribe medication to ease the journey.
For larger dogs, a baffle or a trellis can also be used. This will protect the driver and passenger if the animal becomes active.
Tips from experienced owners
The worst decision may be to ask a spouse or friend to hold your animal on the way to your destination. An animal can be frightened of anything, even one that is accustomed to traveling by car.
- If using a carrier cage, secure it to the rear seat with the seat belt. So the cage with your pet will not fly all over the car in case of sudden braking.
- Large dogs can be transported in the back seat using special seat belts.
- If you need to transport a bird, be sure to do it with the help of a cage, and cover the cage itself with a dense cloth so that the bird is calmer.
- Give up on the idea of transporting any animals in the front seat. It is common for a person to be distracted by their pets, often this can lead to accidents or simply difficult situations on the road.
- Use special bedspreads or any unnecessary large rags to cover the chair. Animals do not understand how important it is for you to keep your car clean, and when stressed, they can really ruin your mood.
Many people consider their pets to be part of the family. Therefore, we simply have to take care of their safety while traveling in a car. And although there is no official regulation for the transportation of animals, we ourselves must ensure their comfort and safety.